Effective date: 1 September 2020
Join collects several different types of information, including personal information, for various purposes to provide and improve the quality of the Offerings. By using these Offerings, you agree to the collection and use of personal information in accordance with this policy. If Join is acting as service provider for you, Join will enter into a separate agreement with you which shall control such relationship.
Information we collect
Join collects your personal information in the course of providing the Offerings to you.
Information you give Join
Join collects information you give us when you:
- Search for, subscribe to, or purchase the Offerings
- Create or administer your Join account
- Configure your settings for, provide data access permissions for, or otherwise interact with the Offerings
- Register for or attend a Join event
- Communicate with Join by phone, email, chat or otherwise
- Complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or other information request form
- Post on any the Offerings
- Employ Join notification services
In the use of the Offerings, you might supply us with such information as:
- Your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information
- Payment information, including credit card and bank account information
- Information about your location
- Information about your company or organization
- Information about your projects, including location, scope and budget, decisions and their related financial, schedule and resource impact
- Information about your contacts or colleagues with which you interact in the normal course of using the the Offerings
- Usernames, aliases, roles, and other authentication and security credential information
- Feedback, testimonials, inquiries, support requests, phone conversations, chat sessions, and emails with or to us
- Your image, voice, and other identifiers that are personal to you when you attend a Join event or use certain the Offerings
- Information regarding identity, including government-issued identification information
- Corporate and financial information, including VAT numbers and other tax identifiers
Information automatically collected by Join
Join automatically collects certain types of information when you interact with the the Offerings, such as when you:
- Visit, interact with, or use the the Offerings
- Download content from Join
- Open email messages or click on links in email messages from us
- Interact or communicate with us at Join events, customer support activities, etc.
Examples of the information we automatically collect include:
- Authentication and security credential information
- Content interaction information including duration, downloads, etc.
- Metrics, such as usage, technical errors, diagnostic reports, your settings preferences, backup information, API calls, and other logs when using the the Offerings
- Network and connection information, such as your internet protocol (IP) address used for your connection to the internet and information about your internet service provider
- Computer and device information, such as device, application, or browser type and version, browser plug-in type and version, operating system, time zone setting, etc.
- Location information of your device or computer
- Content you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
- Email addresses and phone numbers used to contact us
- Identifiers and information contained in cookies (see the Join policy on cookies).
Information from other sources
Join may collect information from other sources, including third party companies and individuals that facilitate or provide the Offerings on our behalf (“Service Providers”) or to perform services or assist in analyzing how the Offerings are used, including:
- Marketing, sales generation, and recruitment information, including your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information
- Subscription, purchase, support, or other information about your interactions with the Offerings by Service Providers (such as training events)
- Search results and links, including paid listings
Join policy on cookies
How we use information
Join uses the collected data primarily to ensure you can securely access, utilize and benefit from the Offerings. Join uses your data to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Offerings
- Notify you about changes to the Offerings
- With your consent, notify you of new Join products and services, webinars, special offers, marketing opportunities, etc.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of the Offerings when you choose to do so
- Provide customer care and support
- Monitor the usage of the Offerings
- Detect, diagnose, and address technical issues
- Aggregate insights and statistics that do not identify you or your projects to enhance the Offerings
- Comply with law, using your data as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful request, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or request from government authorities.
- Disclose to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Offerings; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
Information we share
Join does not sell personal information to others and shares personal information only as described below.
Join Service Providers
Join may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, including sending communications, processing payments, assessing credit and compliance risks, analyzing data, providing marketing and sales assistance (including advertising and event management), conducting customer relationship management, providing training, etc. These third party Service Providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process that information only as permitted by applicable data protection law.
Transfer of data
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to and maintained outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal information, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of data
Join may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to meet legal requirements, including to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Join
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Offerings
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Offerings or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Join may also sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
Information shared with your permission
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Security of data
The security of your data is important to us, but no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to other sites
Your Choices: Access and retention of your personal information
You can view, update, delete, receive a copy of, restrict the use of, or restrict our use of your personal information. When we process personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Contact us via email, as provided below, if you wish to view or update your personal information or you choose to withdraw consent to use your personal information and close your account. We may retain certain data about you for legal and internal business purposes, such as fraud prevention, in accordance with applicable laws.
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with the applications you are using, and as needed to comply with our legal obligations.
Do not track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please contact us if you need assistance to access or update your information.